The laboratory testing services include analysis testing for Legionella bacteria, mold and fungi, bacteria, and wood decay due to water damage and growth of fungi. Sample types may include air, bulk, dust, water or wipe.
The consulting services offer consultations on environmental microbiology. Dr. Yang has conducted many investigations in fungal and mold infested homes, buildings, and structures (including airplanes and ships)."
Although there are plenty of mold information postings on many websites set up by professional organizations, US and Canadian governmental agencies, we have reviewed many of them and found the following documents are more reliable and credible than others. Their links are posted here for your convenience. Prestige EnviroMicrobiology does not necessarily agree with all information in these documents. Readers are further reminded that the science of understanding and studying mold and fungi in the indoor environment is progressing rapidly, new information may replace these documents in the near future.
● Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings (published by Indoor Environments Division (IED) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
● Damp Indoor Spaces and Health (published by IOM in 2004)
● Clearing the Air: Asthma and Indoor Air Exposures (published by IOM in 2000)
● Residential Indoor Air Quality Guidelines: Moulds (Government of Canada)
● WHO-Dampness and Mould (published by World Health Organization)
● NYC Guidelines on Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in indoor Environments (published by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene in 2008)